Honda Apple CarPlay™ Overview
What is Apple CarPlay™?
Apple CarPlay™ is a smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in a Honda vehicle. The functionality takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on your car’s built in display. You can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music right from the touchscreen or by voice via Siri. In order to take advantage of this feature, you’ll need at least an iPhone 5 and IOS 7.1.
How Does Apple CarPlay™ Work?
To ensure a successful connection of Apple CarPlay, you must connect your iPhone to the front USB port with an Apple-approved Lightning-to-USB cable and then from the
home screen on the infotainment display select Apple CarPlay™. This will initiate the syncing process and mirror your iPhone apps onto the infotainment display.
There are three ways to control Apple CarPlay™:
Use Siri Voice Control
To use this control, simply press and hold the voice control button on the steering wheel.
Use The Touchscreen Display
Using the display, you can open and close apps on the home screen. This by far the most straightforward method of using CarPlay™.
Use The Knobs
Buttons, controls and knobs already equipped in your Honda are integrated and work alongside the touchscreen and Siri options when using Apple CarPlay™.
Note: Once your phone is connected to CarPlay™, the screen will lock preventing any temptation to use it while driving.
What Apps Work with Apple CarPlay™?
CarPlay is automatically equipped with Phone, Messaging, and Maps. Apple’s Siri voice command feature will help you make and return calls, and send, read, and reply to text messages. In addition to Siri, Apple Maps can predict where you’re most likely going by using addresses from your text, emails, calendars, and contacts. Music apps such as Apple Beats Music, iHeart Radio and Spotify also come standard with CarPlay. However, all third-party apps, are chosen by Apple. Apple chooses apps primarily on those it deems appropriate and safe for in-car use.
Which Vehicles Have Apple CarPlay™?
Apple CarPlay™ is standard on several of the most popular Honda models and available as an option on many more. Listed below is a breakdown of the current availability of Apple CarPlay™ across Honda Models.
- 2020 Accord – (EX, EX-L, Sport, Touring)
- 2020 Accord Hybrid – (EX, EX-L, Touring)
- 2020 Civic Coupe – (EX, Sport, Touring)
- 2020 Civic Hatchback – (EX, EX-L, Sport, Sport Touring)
- 2020 Civic Sedan – (EX, EX-L, Sport, Touring)
- 2020 Civic Si – Standard
- 2020 Civic Type R – Standard
- 2020 CR-V – (EX, EX-L, Touring)
- 2020 CR-V Hybrid – (EX, EX-L, Touring)
- 2020 Fit – (EX, EX-L, Sport)
- 2020 HR-V – (EX, EX-L, Sport, Touring)
- 2020 Insight – (EX, Touring)
- 2020 Odyssey – (EX, EX-L, Elite, Touring)
- 2020 Passport – (EX-L, Elite, Touring)
- 2020 Pilot – (EX, EX-L, Elite, Touring, Black Edition)
- 2020 Ridgeline – (Sport, RTL, RTL-E, Black Edition)
Need assistance with setting up Apple CarPlay™ in your Honda model? Click Here to find a simple step-by-step guide plus an informative video on the process.